- The selected producer strain shows performance comparable to petrochemical products on the market today.
- The tests continue to validate the optimal dosage and have been extended to several animal species.
DEINOVE (Euronext Growth Paris: ALDEI), a biotech company that discovers, develops, and produces high value-added compounds using rare bacteria, releases the progress of the COLOR2B project, in collaboration with the AVRIL Group, which focuses on the development of a production process for natural feed additives.
The third phase of the project, launched in early 2017, aims to validate the final choice of the strain and to test the various production options in the perspective of the industrialization and marketing of a range of feed additives. Currently:
- The final producer strain has been selected for its performance among seven strains and has been tested in experimental farms. Its performance is comparable to petrochemical products in use today.
- Several formulations have been tested and the nutritional performances remain constant, which makes it possible to envisage a panel of different formulations according to the targeted applications and the regulatory stakes.
- AVRIL plans to test these feed additives on different animal species in order to expand its commercial potential.
The COLOR2B program is therefore on track to achieve the commercial launch of a competitive natural alternative in the farmed animal feed market. The next steps will focus on the validation of optimal dosages, process scaling, and the regulatory approach.
"We are pleased with the progress of the program and the results of the tests conducted on our experimental farms. We hope to be able to integrate this new feed additive into our animal nutrition offering as quickly as possible," says Anne BOURDILLON, Project Manager for the AVRIL Group.
"COLOR2B is a strategic project for DEINOVE in nutrition, which is one of our three target markets. The promising results obtained so far confirm our strategy in this area and demonstrate once again the potential of the platform set up by Deinove," added Emmanuel PETIOT, CEO of DEINOVE.